It’s been a while since I posted. We have been busy with Books, Ballet, Baseball, Boy scouts ect. (This year we are only participating in activities that start with the B). We have a long Break this weekend in celebration of Fall. The children and I decided to go Bike riding today. We oiled the chains, filled up the tires, loaded up the 5 bikes in the car or on the bike holder. We packed a lunch, found our shoes and headed out to a local park and bike trail. It was a beautiful day. The sky was blue with some puffy clouds. The weather was a comfortable 85 degree with a little wind. We arrived at the park and ate our lunch. We then embarked upon a delightful three mile bike ride. This was milestone bike ride because this is the first bike ride we have gone on that Anna rode her bike. I did not have to pull the bike trailer. This was also special because Anna just learned to ride without training wheels on Friday. On Friday I took Anna and her bike to the boys’ baseball practice. While the boys practiced baseball I removed Anna training wheels and helped her balance her bike. It took a whole 10 minutes and she was riding, starting and stopping all by herself. On Sunday, she rode her bike about a half a mile at the park. Today she rode 3 miles with out much stopping. At this rate she’ll be able to go on a long bike ride with Grandpa Dude very shortly. This bike ride was also fun because the boys are old enough to ride ahead of me and I don’t have to worry too much about them riding or falling off the trail. They enjoyed the freedom to ride like the wind. Tonight we will all sleep well and tomorrow we are back to Books.
The First Week & Muir Woods
14 years ago
2 comments:
Way to go, Anna!
What a great post. Who are those huge kids?
Post a Comment