Thursday, August 14, 2008

Looking inside a fish




This week we studied fish. Since I knew the we were going to be studying fish, I had the boys saved a small perch their fishing trip last week. Once afternoon we took that fish and dissected it. It was very interesting except for the fact I don't care to touch fish or cut them up. I tried to be the brave Mom. I wore my yellow kitchen gloves and tried my best to cut the fish open. But as you can see by my face I couldn't cut the fish open. It made my stomach turn. My ever brave son Sam stepped in and cut open the fish. We then could identify the different part of the fish. They enjoyed opening the fishes mouth and making him talk. The children thought it was cool that after we cut him open you could look through its mouth and see Mom.

0 comments: